This past weekend was one of those great spring weekends that leaves you feeling both refreshed and emotionally fulfilled from all of the happenings with friends and family.
Friday night was spent at a friends house for a quiet but goofy night of beer, grilling, and card games. Saturday we woke up in our sun soaked room (which I’m trying to keep in an all-white palette situation and it’s so so dreamy on weekend mornings) and promptly went for a quick but painful run with the dog. We walked to our new favorite coffee shop (bull run for you Minneapolites) and chowed down on two eggs, bacon and pancakes alongside our iced lattes. Then we went to THE BEST off leash dog park in all of the world and let Kennedy run and play and sniff and swim and chew sticks and it was sunny and glorious and the three of us were so happy. Little nap in the sun, popcorn, movie and wine and our Saturday was complete.
I’m sure you saw on Instagram that I made breakfast for my mom Sunday morning and then spent the rest of the day in the sun AGAIN! So lucky. One delicious and super filling meal at 4bells in Loring Park later and my weekend was complete.
Good summer weekends are just magic.
And so is this salad! I should probs shut up about my damn weekend and fill you in on this super easy and flavorful salad!
It’s got my new favorite ingredient in it: miso! I’m going to use it a LOT through out the summer so buy some now so you can keep up on new recipes. I found it easily at Cub in the international foods aisle so based on that fact alone you should have no problem finding this $5-ish dollar paste just about anywhere.
thai peanut chicken salad
makes 2 lunch sized servings.
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken or baked chicken breast
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons peanuts
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons roughly torn cilantro
sriracha miso dressing
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2-3 teaspoons Sriracha, depending on your preferred spice level
- Puree all of the dressing ingredients in a food processor until combined, about 30 seconds.
- In a medium bowl toss shredded chicken with dressing, set aside.
- Assemble salad: lettuce, carrots, peanuts, scallions, cilantro and then the dressed chicken on top.
note: you can also skip step 2 and dress the entire salad with the sriracha miso dressing.